Fast & Furious - BOOST-X

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)





Lawman Luke Hobbs and outcast Deckard Shaw form an unlikely alliance when a cyber-genetically enhanced villain threatens the future of humanity.

Director:

 David Leitch

Writers:

 Chris Morgan (screenplay by), Drew Pearce (screenplay by) | 2 more credits »



 9/10
Just what you can expect
celticore31 July 2019
Last night I took my sons to a preview screening of Hobbs&Shaw, and it is exactly what you would expect. A lot of action, fights, chases and an overload of testosteron. And there's nothing wrong with that. Sure, if you start nitpicking, there are some flaws in continuity and all, but this is not the kind of movie that needs to be nitpicked. We had a great time, my boys loved their first midnight preview. To me, that's all that counts.
419 out of 525 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 
Permalink
 8/10
If you expect Schindler list,then you're in the wrong place
amerulaidil31 July 2019
The movie really live up audience expectation. It's dumb, ridiculous,fun, and crazy too. This why audience watch this kind of movie because of its entertainment value. The movie really offer audience a lot this time. You got Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham bicker all the time like husband and wife, ridiculous action sequence, and powerful family theme which I think very relatable for some audience. The movie also have surprise appearance by some popular actor which I think gonna get people excited more. Overall, it's very enjoyable dumb flick action movie that definitely live up our expectation
461 out of 581 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 
 10/10
Amazing Fast & Furious Movie! ( Score 10/10 ⭐)
hilaryswank201131 July 2019
Rating 10/10 Amazing Fast & Furious movie I have ever seen. Excellent acting performance by Jason Statham a.k.a Shaw. He did a great job in this movie. Great CGI effects, great new action choreography of characters & good storytelling. Thank you! Fast & Furious franchise making a great movie on this year. I really need my Shaw back!!

Highly recommended!
485 out of 616 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 
 9/10
Perfect spin-off of the F&F franchise
Laurana_Kanan31 July 2019
It was much, much better than I expected. The chemistry between Johnson & Statham was on point and their back and forth dialogue was absolutely hilarious. Throw in Vanessa Kirby and it was a perfect trifecta! Idris Elba was perfect as "Black Superman" and his interactions with the other three leads was gold. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention at least two actor cameos, which were brilliant and unexpected. I won't mention who they are because I think they're uncredited, but one is a CIA agent and the other an air marshal. Both were so funny in their roles and every time they appeared the audience just loved it.

The action scenes, continuing in the tradition of the Fast & Furious films to keep upping the stakes were sometime over-the-top, but they were so much fun to watch. The tech was also a bit too sci-fi to be believable, but actually worked quite well in the context of the plot. This movie had everything you could want from a mindless (not a bad thing!) summer popcorn flick - action, comedy, drama, & sci-fi.
 8/10
A self aware fast and furious
Sarkamen31 July 2019
I got to see an early preview on Tuesday night which was cool. I have seen all the fast and furious movies and although I understand the appeal and like the characters I felt like the movies became increasingly ridiculous with the writing as time progressed.

While I think most people can probably agree with me on that point, my bigger issue was the over serious tone in conjunction with the movies. It is as if everyone in them is in denial that the stories were becoming increasingly ridiculous.

This movie however takes a different approach. I think Dwayne and Jason get the appeal and ran with it while subtly acknowledging and making light of the over the top nature of the story. This is possibly my favorite entry, even though I do like the first few movies in the series and would like to see if they could apply this tone to the main series if it continues in any way.

One final thought, if you like the pg-13 Deadpool 2 "once upon a Deadpool", and like fast and furious then you are gonna love this one. I won't say anymore than that but I think you will see what I mean. Make sure to stay for the credits scene too.
 9/10
It's exactly what you want from an action film
simo158810 August 2019
Saw this film with no previous knowledge of past fast films. It was enjoyable to watch and the on screen chemistry of Hobbs and Shaw make for an enjoyable experience. A couple of 'continuity' issues in regards to time but it's an action film. If you get too hung up on that you will miss the action. Definitely a must see if you want to switch off and be entertained for two hours.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 
Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

SmartLink for Global Mainstream

Pages